- Watch Shows
- SCM Workflow
- My Member Tools Box
- Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
- About SCM TV
Capturing Tape to DVD
There may be situations where you will need to capture content from a VHS tape. The easiest way to do this is to use the decks to copy the tape to a DVD.
- Turn on the video monitor (small monitor on the top of the desk)
Prepare VHS Player
- Power On
- Select S-VHS with the button on the right
- Insert tape and queue the video to the desired start position
Prepare the DVD recorder
- Power On
- Insert DVD
- Press DV/HDD/DVD button to change to DVD mode - a green light will show under DVD
Select the Desired Recording mode
- SP = 2 hours of recording
- LP = 4 hours of recording
- EP = 6 hours of recording
- Select the Input = DV
- Ensure the two players are connected with a DV Input connector
Capture the content. Content is captured in real time.
- Press Record on the DVD
- Press Play on the VHS tape
- When complete, press Stop on both the DVD recording and VHS playback
Finalize the DVD
- On the remote control, press SETUP (lower left corner of the navigation buttons)
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to HDD/DVD Setup
- Navigate to Disc Setup
- Navigate to Finalize, press enter
- Navigate the desired background, press Enter
- Click OK when the screen says "Finalizing will make disc read-only. Start finalizing?"
- Click OK when the screen says "Disk will be finalized. Finalizing will take about x minutes. Start finalizing?"
- A final screen will say that the finalizing is complete.
After the content has been captured, use MPEG Streamclip to extract the file as an MPEG2.