20,000 bonus points: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card has a higher sign-up bonus than most no annual fee cards, and you’ll get the bonus after spending $1,000 in the first three months. Wells Fargo points are worth $0.01 per point, giving this bonus a value of $200.
Earn up to 3 points per $1: This is an excellent rewards rate, and you’ll get it for a diverse mix of different expense categories. Streaming services, in particular, is a category where not many other cards earn bonus rewards. This card earns 3 points per $1 on:
- Eating out and ordering in
- Gas stations, rideshares, and transit
- Flights, hotels, homestays, and car rentals
- Streaming services, including Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Spotify Premium, and many more (a full list is available on the Wells Fargo Propel Streaming page)
You’ll earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
No annual fee: The card won’t add to your out-of-pocket costs, because there’s no annual fee.
0% intro APR on purchases and qualifying balance transfers: This intro APR applies for the first 12 months. This makes the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card useful if you’re paying off a big expense in installments or want to transfer balances to save on credit card debt.
No foreign transaction fee: Most no annual fee cards will have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, but this card isn’t one of them, making it perfect for travelers.
Cell phone protection: Wells Fargo will provide phone protection up to a maximum of $600 per claim and $1,200 per 12-month period with a deductible of $25. You’ll need to pay your cell phone bill using your Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card for the coverage to apply. This excellent perk is rare among credit cards, especially with such a low deductible.
Travel and purchase protections: You’ll get the following protections when you use this card to make purchases:
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Roadside assistance
- Retail purchase protection covering items you buy against damage or theft within the first 90 days
- Extended warranty coverage that doubles warranties of one year or less on eligible products
View more information: https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/credit-cards/wells-fargo-propel-amex-review/