AN alleged stalker accused of sending hundreds of unwanted gifts to pop singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor failed to appear in court yesterday.
Nishil Patel, 39, is also accused of bombarding the mum of three, 42, with a series of messages on social media.
The case has already been listed three times, including last week.
The star is applying for a stalking protection order, but Met Police have failed to summon Patel, of Chiswick, West London, to court.
District Judge Karim Ezzat said: “I cannot be satisfied he knew of the last date — and he certainly was unaware of this date.”
He adjourned the case, at Westminster magistrates’ court, to June 23.
Married Sophie wrote Dial My Number in 2010 about a stalker who kept texting her.
She said at the time: “I never reply.”
View more information: https://www.the-sun.com/news/3097828/sophie-ellis-bextor-alleged-stalker-court/