Man dies in dentist chair during root canal after being given same drug that killed Michael Jackson

A MAN died in a dentist’s chair when he was given the same drug that killed Michael Jackson, an inquest was told.

Michael Anderson, 36, went into cardiac arrest after being given Propofol before a getting a root canal at the Melbourne dentist.

A picture of Propofol in Michael Jackson's room when he died


A picture of Propofol in Michael Jackson’s room when he died Credit: Killing Michael Jackson
Mr Anderson went to a surgery in Melbourne for treatement


Mr Anderson went to a surgery in Melbourne for treatementCredit: Google Earth

On June 25, 2009, Jackson died of acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication at his LA home.

Victoria Police acting sergeant Jeff Dart, said Mr Anderson visited Collins Street Specialist Dental Centre on April 18, 2017.

He was “seated and reclining in the dental chair” by 8.45am for the root canal, The Australian reports.

Mr Anderson was administered three 50 milligram doses of Propofol over 10 minutes.

But by 9.15am he had stopped breathing and at 10.48am he was declared dead at Alfred Hospital.

Mr Anderson had been administered Propofol as a sedative by anaesthetist Anthony Singh for the procedure.

Jackson became increasingly addicted to Propofol


Jackson became increasingly addicted to PropofolCredit: EPA

Expert witness Forbes McGain told the court there were “two areas of concern” in the case.

He said there was no record of Mr Anderson’s blood pressure being documented before or after he was given Propofol – despite one of its main effects being to lower blood pressure.

READ:  Bachelorette star Chad Johnson’s terrified dad says his son is ‘looking into treatment’ after arrest and suicide scare – The US Sun

Because it was so common for blood pressure to fall, he said it was “almost routine” for anaesthetists to need a second drug, called metaraminol, to increase blood pressure and prevent cardiac arrest

“It’s an incredibly dangerous drug that needs to be very, very carefully (used) with great attention to detail,” the anaesthetist and intensive care physician said.

“Propofol will always, if you give enough of it, cause you to stop breathing. [It] causes both a respiratory depression and a cardiovascular depression.

“He walked into a dental office, he received Propofol and then he was dead within an hour.”

In the years before Jackson died he became increasingly addicted to Propofol, a hospital-grade anaesthetic administered either by intravenous drip or injection.

The pop star hired an array of personal physicians to administer the drug in order to sleep and referred to it as his “milk” because of its milky appearance.

Michael Jackson had so much Propofol in his system it ‘would drop a rhino’, detectives working at death scene reveal


View more information:

Xem thêm bài viết thuộc chuyên mục: entertainment

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button