Farmers auto insurance at a glance
Monthly premium costs:
- 35-year-old female with clean driving record: $169.67
- 35-year-old male with clean driving record: $168.50
- 35-year-old female with one accident: $230.08
- 18-year-old-male with clean driving record: $495.42
- Medical payments
- Personal injury protection
- Towing and roadside service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Loss of use
- Guaranteed Value
- Customized equipment
- Personal umbrella
- Glass deductible buyback
- Spare parts coverage
- Original equipment manufacturer
- New car replacement
- Accident forgiveness
Unique coverage options
Farmers provides a fully customizable insurance policy with coverage options many insurers don’t offer. This includes several options especially attractive to owners of classic cars, including:
- Guaranteed Value coverage: This pays a predetermined value for the covered car in the event it’s declared a total loss
- Spare parts coverage: This pays to replace up to $750 in parts kept on hand in the event of damage.
Large agent network
Farmers has a network of more than 48,000 exclusive and independent insurance agents. This is one of the largest agent networks of any insurer, with even close competitors such as State Farm offering just 19,200 agents.
Above-average claims handling
It’s important to pay attention to an insurer’s reputation for handling claims when looking for the best auto insurance. Farmers received above-average scores on claims handling from the J.D. Power 2020 Auto Claims Satisfaction Study. Claims handling is often one of the most important features for policyholders because prompt and reliable service can alleviate stress after an accident.
What could be improved
Farmers Auto scored below average on J.D. Power’s 2021 U.S. Insurance Shopping Study. The company’s website is difficult to navigate and its online quotes feature isn’t available in many parts of the country. For drivers interested in quickly comparing quotes online, this can be a major hassle.
Farmers charges higher premiums than many competitors for all types of drivers, but especially for younger motorists.
View more information: https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/insurance/auto/farmers-auto-review/