THE Arctic Monkeys’ next album should be a bit easier to make, with the band finally all living in the same country again.
I can reveal frontman Alex Turner has quit his glamorous life in Los Angeles to move back to the UK after six years in the States.
He has relocated with his girlfriend of two years, singer Louise Verneuil, who wanted to be nearer her native France where she has her own career.
They have now settled in a £1million home in East London and it should give fans hope of a new record. The Sheffield rockers had a five-year break before releasing sixth album Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino in 2018.
A source said: “Alex spent much of his late twenties and early thirties in LA, which was amazing for him — especially as he isn’t quite as recognisable there.
“But it got to the point where it just made sense to move back to the UK. He and Louise are very steady together and being in LA wasn’t ideal for her when her career is in France. She has just released her album Lumiere Noire and wanted to be in France to promote it. They’ve got a nice place in London now and are really happy.”
Alex had been dating US model Taylorn Bagley for three years until 2018, when I told how they had split and he had met Louise.
He moved to LA in 2013, when he said: “It’s built on rock ’n’ roll so the best studios are here.
“Well, that and the fact the sun always shines and you can ride your motorcycle in December.”
You can do that here, too — just dig out that big winter coat first.
- WILL.I.AM has insisted the only reason Fergie is no longer in the Black Eyed Peas is because she is focusing on being a mum. He said: “That’s a hard job, and that’s what she wants to do and we’re here for her. It’s really the way Fergie designed it.”
- SNOOP Dogg has confirmed he and country legend Willie Nelson will release a new song, having previously collaborated in 2009. Snoop said: “The reason we’re gonna make this record is because black and white matters right now.”
Giving it the Kard sell
AS sisters, Kendall and Kylie Jenner have always been joined at the hip – but rarely have they appeared more so than in this shoot.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians pair writhed together on the floor to promote their new make-up line, Kendall x Kylie Cosmetics.
Kendall wore a strapless top while her younger sister smouldered in a black turtleneck.
Clearly it was another one of those pretentious ads that look pretty but don’t appear to make clear what they are trying to sell to their millions of fans.
In fact, the collection includes a lip-blush kit, face sticks and eye-shadow pallet. Whatever all that is.
Ansel denies abuse
ACTOR Ansel Elgort has denied claims he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl, insisting they were in a “brief, legal and entirely consensual relationship” when he was 20.
A Twitter user had claimed the Baby Driver and Divergent actor had left her “sobbing and in pain” after an alleged incident in 2014, but has since deleted her account. Ansel has now responded on Instagram saying “her description of events is simply not what happened.”
He continued: “Unfortunately, I did not handle the break-up well. I stopped responding to her, which is an immature and cruel thing to do to someone.”
KATE Ferdinand revealed her baby bump for the first time on Father’s Day while gushing about her footie ace husband RIO becoming a dad again.
The couple, who wed in September, announced last week they were expecting their first child together.
Alongside the photo, Kate wrote: “Can’t wait for our next chapter. Let’s celebrate you today.”
Ryan’s a hit man
ONEREPUBLIC frontman Ryan Tedder worked on Lady Gaga’s No1 album Chromatica and now he’s teaming up with another chart topper – Ariana Grande.
The Thank U, Next singer had insisted her next album would not be released for some time, although she has quietly been hard at work on new music.
Ryan said: “I just wrote some songs with Ariana and Blackpink and I have a song on Lady Gaga’s album featuring Elton John.”
The star is sure to be reaping the financial rewards soon enough, as K-pop group Blackpink are quickly becoming world superstars and will release their next single How You Like That this Friday.
I’m expecting big things.
Lady Colin piles in on dishy Tom
HE’S about to be Sussex’s most famous resident – and Tom Cruise already has a society pal there.
I’m A Celeb star and veteran royal biographer Lady Colin Campbell is so excited the Hollywood star is house-hunting locally, she has offered him her Castle Goring pile in Worthing if thrice-married Tom should wish to wed again.
Single Lady C said: “I do look forward to seeing him in Tesco. I’ve never met Tom but he was very good-looking when he was younger and he’s still rather good-looking now.
“Hopefully the next time he gets married, he will hold the wedding at Castle Goring. I would give him a discount.”
But she is less of a fan of Tom’s scientology faith, adding: “If he came to dinner, no religion would be discussed.”
- THE Weeknd could make a tasty profit from his Los Angeles mansion just three years after buying it. He has listed the three-acre property, which comes with a basketball court and pool, for £20.2million after paying £14.7million in 2017.
- REBEL Wilson reckons she scares off male love interests because they feel uncomfortable with her being a comic. She said: “I feel like I’m the nicest, most down-to-earth person. But you can see it in their eyes – they get very intimidated.”
Matt missing UK
HE has been a Las Vegas headliner for the past decade but Bros star Matt Goss wants to move back to Blighty.
Matt who was mocked when he and his brother Luke made their 2018 documentary When The Screaming Stops, said: “I do want to come home. And I have never been so sure of it. I want to keep my show here, and maybe do a month on, month off. I miss London. It is heavy but the reality is I am in pain at how much I miss my country.
“When you are away from London and the UK, you miss jumping into a black cab and going, ‘Can you just take me past Buckingham Palace please?’
“I want to walk through St James’ Park, put my brogues on, feed the birds, sit on a bench, and be an eccentric Londoner.”
Matt’ll certainly be eccentric, regardless of whether he’s in London.
- DABABY’s Rock-star is showing no sign of being toppled from the No1 spot in the UK Singles Chart as early figures reveal it is currently leading by 1,000 sales, which could mean it claims a sixth week on top. JAWSH 685 and Jason Derulo are set for a surge of 18 spots to No4 with Savage Love.
- KASABIAN’s Tom Meighan says as soon as lockdown is lifted the band, which features Serge Pizzorno will record new songs for their first album since 2017’s For Crying Out Loud. He said: “We can’t really do anything while we’re restricted – Serge has been writing songs.”
- FORGET music, telly or sex, it’s Lego that Sophie Ellis-Bextor uses to relax in the evening. The singer said: “The kids are all in bed, optimistically, by 10pm. Then I’ll pour myself a glass of wine and sit with my Lego. I’ve never been able to meditate but I think this gives me a similar sort of feeling.”
- SCARLETT Johansson has talked about the endless pressure to be thin in Hollywood. The Avengers actress, referencing Bette Davis contemplating eating chocolate in 1950 film All About Eve, said: “So even back then, there was the pressure going on. Now, it’s much worse.”
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
View more information: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1017408/alex-turner-quit-la-for-uk/