American Express has put together a deep lineup of benefits for one of its most popular cards.
The American Express® Gold Card earns:
- 4 points per $1 at restaurants
- 4 points per $1 at U.S. supermarkets on up to $25,000 in purchases per calendar year
- 3 points per $1 on flights booked directly with airlines or on American Express Travel.
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
There’s no denying it, 4 points per $1 is an incredible rate and makes the card one of the best choices for dining and grocery cards. If you spend a lot in those areas, this rewards card can help you dramatically boost your rewards. Terms apply.
Welcome bonus offer
You earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend at least $4,000 on purchases within the first six months. Terms apply.
$120 in annual dining credits
You receive dining statement credits of $10 per month when you use your American Express® Gold Card at select participating restaurants and food delivery services. The lineup of providers is sure to please varying tastes, including GrubHub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and certain Shake Shack locations. Terms apply.
$120 in annual Uber Cash
When you add your American Express® Gold Card to your Uber account, you automatically receive $10 in Uber Cash each month. You can use this for Uber rides or Uber Eats orders in the United States. Terms apply.
Flexible rewards points
The American Express Membership Rewards program has a deep roster of airline and hotel partners. You can transfer your points to the loyalty programs of any partner to make an award booking with that travel provider. Transfers are widely known as the best way to maximize American Express Membership Rewards points because they could lead to bookings that get you $0.02 per point or much more.
Another solid redemption option is the Pay with Points feature to book airfare through American Express Travel. You’ll get a value of $0.01 per point this way, and you can apply your points towards a cash airfare purchase. Terms apply.
No foreign transaction fee
The American Express® Gold Card doesn’t charge a foreign transaction fee (see rates and fees).
$100 hotel credit
When you book The Hotel Collection properties with American Express Travel for stays of at least two nights, you receive a $100 onsite credit. This statement credit applies to qualifying activities, such as dining or spa treatments. Qualifying activities vary by property. Terms apply.
Consumer and travel protections
American Express cards are well known for their perks, and this card is no exception. It includes:
- Travel insurance coverages: You can get complimentary baggage insurance and car rental loss and damage insurance.
- Purchase protection: The American Express® Gold Card covers new purchases that are damaged, stolen, or lost for a period of 90 days from purchase.
- Extended warranty protection: The American Express® Gold Card has extended warranty coverage of one additional year on top of the manufacturer’s warranty.
For all of the above protections, Card Members must place the covered purchase on the card and terms apply.
View more information: https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/credit-cards/american-express-gold-card-review/