To redeem American Express Membership Rewards points online:
- Go to the American Express website and log in.
- Click on the “Rewards” tab in the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the redemption option you want.
After you pick how you want to use your rewards, the remainder of the process will depend on the redemption you chose. Each type of redemption is fairly simple to complete.
Note that if you want to transfer points, you’ll need to link to your airline or hotel’s loyalty program account.
How to link loyalty program accounts
To link a loyalty program account, log in to your American Express account and click on the “Rewards” tab, just like in the steps above.
Click on “Transfer Points.” You’ll see the featured loyalty programs, and you can click “View All” to see the rest. Click on the airline or hotel. American Express will then ask you to provide the following information:
- The name on your card account (this must match the name of the loyalty program account holder).
- The four-digit card ID and three-digit security code of your American Express card.
- Your loyalty program account number.
After you’ve entered that, click “Link Account” and you’re done. American Express and the loyalty program may need a couple of days to verify your account.
It’s a good idea to link all your loyalty program accounts as soon as you can. The first time that I transferred Membership Rewards points, I almost missed out on the award airfare I wanted because I didn’t realize I’d need to wait for my account to be verified.
View more information: https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/credit-cards/american-express-reward-points-guide/